Sunday, December 26, 2010

Eat Pray Love


"Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman's Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia is a 2006 memoir by American author Elizabeth Gilbert. The memoir chronicles the author's trip around the world after her divorce and what she discovered during her travels. The book remained on the New York Times Best Seller list for 187 weeks.[2] The movie rights for the memoir were purchased by Columbia Pictures. The film version, which stars American actress Julia Roberts, was released in theaters on Friday, August 13, 2010.[3][4]
Gilbert followed-up this book with the sequel Committed: A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage, released through Viking in January 2010. It covers her life after Eat, Pray, Love ends."-wikipedia


Simply one of the best, oh gosh I fell in love within watching the movie, this is so great, I love the way the character seems to have a soul searching. Because honestly I also felt like that before, but sadly I can't afford the expenses of travelling. 


But base on my first interpretation of the movie, I never thought this would be something hard, I never thought this would be something inspirational. At first I'm thinking why does Liz can't be satisfied with her life? But as the film goes on, the emotion can be felt from the character and as it continue suddenly I can relate to her. 


I love her travel, food trip, culture shocks, meditations, really I never thought something like that would be possible. I have someone I love now and I'm not yet a successful woman but as I had seen this movie I felt like I want to travel right now and search for myself. hehehe. Here is Liz's last quote in the movie. Very inspiring indeed:


 "If you're brave enough to leave behind everything familiar and comforting, which can be anything from your house to bitter, old resentments, and set out on a truth-seeking journey, either externally or internally, and if you are truly willing to regard everything that happens to you on that journey as a clue and if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you." - Liz Gilbert


Must watch for those unhappy souls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message. I really love reading lovely comments! <3

back to top